Monday, September 16, 2013

Easy Apple Heart Pastry: Hand Pies Recipe

I was cleaning out my photos and found photos I took of these cute little hand pies. We used to make these growing up all the time. It wasn't until yesterday that I discovered their real name is hand pies. We just called them pastries. :)



I think I made these for someone's birthday at work a while back... See I told you I've been making things to share! I just forget about them. ;) Anyway, if you'd like to make a simple dessert with a handmade touch, give it a try. They're a lot of fun and tasty too.

INGREDIENTS:
Jiffy Pie Crust Mix
Pie Filling

1. Prepare crust as directed on the package. You could also use your favorite pie crust recipe. Divide the crust up into several balls. I think I made 8-10.
2. Roll the balls flat with a rolling pin.



3. Cut large circles out of the dough using a bowl.



4. Fold the circle in half and cut a very small half heart shape out.



5. Open the circle and place a small scoop of pie filling inside.
6. Dip your finger in water and run it along the outside edge of the circle.
7. Fold your circle in half so the heart is centered on your half circle.



8. Squish the edges of the half circle together using a fork.
9. Top with cinnamon and sugar, if desired.
10. Bake on a greased cookie sheet. I think I did about 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Yay, You Made a Comment!